Flow, laugh + grow together.
Families come to stretch + learn about yoga - its Sanskrit names + origins.
Each class offers an interactive way to discover a new pose. From drawing to storytelling, the young + the young at heart come together in movement + mindfulness.
Led by mama Katherine, who will sequence a class that allows both adult + child to discover their creativity.
About Suru Studio
- Ideal for children aged 3 and up
- Activities are available in the yoga room + in the lounge should children want to step off their mat
- No yoga experience necessary for parent or child
- We provide mats + props
Wednesdays 10:45 AM
July 10 to August 14
$90 for all six weeks OR $20 drop in*
*fee includes one adult and one child
Flow with Babe (four weeks)
Catering to new mamas + babes aged between six weeks to 12 months.
We're closing off the summer with a special four week course.
This class caters to new mamas and babes aged between six weeks to 12 months. Address the needs of your postpartum body in a welcoming, inclusive space with other new mamas, while allowing you time to bond with your baby.
About your instructor:
Catherine is a holistic nutritionist and labour / postpartum doula. In 2017, Catherine obtained her 200-hour yoga certification. In addition, she has her 25-hour postnatal certification through Toronto Yoga Mamas.
August 6 - 27
Tuesdays 10:30 - 11:30 AM
$60 for four weeks or $20 drop in
Learn how to teach barre in a course that draws from principles from classical ballet, dance conditioning, yoga, pilates, functional movement and strength training to create unique and effective movement practice which can be modified for all bodies. As a teacher, you will learn principles rather than memorizing sequences so you are able to create your own barre sequences which are fun, innovative and will bring your clients back again and again!
What Makes This Course Unique:
- Cross-Modalities: We bring the best of many modalities together to create intelligent classes that build strength, flexibility and fill in gaps from other movement practices in a fun and non-judgmental way.
- Inclusive: You don’t need to have professional dance training or previous experience. We believe that anyone can learn how to practice and teach well with commitment.
- Full Range of Motion: Students get stronger and more flexible, rather than just getting end-range movements to look ‘ripped’. Our focus is on moving better and our classes are intelligent and result-focused.
- Principles Not Memorization: We will empower you to teach, rather than give you a script to memorize. You will be uniquely qualified to find your own voice and path and will have the tools to become an in-demand instructor!
Key Learning Objectives:
1. Functional anatomy as it pertains to barre;
2. Set-up, technique and cues which systematically target full range of motion for major movement centres in upper body, lower body and core;
3. Progressions and regressions for strength and mobility;
4. Skillful use of props;
5. Counter-stretches and movements to ensure proper cool-down;
6. Modifications for particular injuries or stages (i.e. pregnancy);
7. How to count and teach to music;
8. The art of varied speed;
9. How to creating effective playlists;
10. Intelligent sequencing
11. Adjustments and Targeted Cueing
More About the Instructor:
Morgan Cowie is the creator of Mosaic Yoga in Toronto, ON. She committed to a life of teaching and studying movement more than ten years ago. After completely a degree in academic philosophy followed by years working in Toronto's cultural industries, Morgan found that yoga practice left her feeling more hopeful and inspired than anything else she had ever encountered. She trained initially at Octopus Garden Yoga Centre in Toronto where she eventually became a part of the Yoga Teacher Training faculty, one of several yoga teacher training faculties she has contributed to before founding and leading the Mosaic Yoga 200-Hour Program.
After years of yoga, Morgan realized the rhythm and conditioning of barre classes was the missing piece to her movement lexicon and she’s studied barre extensively for several years through the lens of ballerinas, fitness trainers and pilates instructors to ultimately create a unique, layered and effective (and fun!) method. Her teachings are suited for communities of like-minded practitioners who love to explore new movement modalities for the sake of health, connection and committed action.
Friday, August 16 5:30 - 9:30 PM
Saturday, August 17 9 AM to 6 PM
Sunday, August 18 9 AM to 6 PM
COST: $400 + HST